Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thoughts on holiness

Last week our pastor talked with us about holiness and what that really means. I grew up in a church that is considered a "holiness church". Sometimes holiness and legalism get confused, so all week thoughts of what it means to be holy have been running through my mind. Today I stumbled across a blog post (not by mistake I'm sure) titled Striving for Holiness at Walking in His Grace here. In this post Cyndi talks of holiness, saying that it is hard, and that we don't automatically become holy because we've accepted Christ as savior, that we must be actively striving towards holiness. Then she talks about spiritual disciplines, prayer, bible study, worship, fasting. I like this. My goal this year is simply this, to grow closer to God. In doing this, I become more like Him, and more like the me He intends me to be. Thanks Cyndi! What are your thoughts on holiness?

I also like that her life verse is the same as mine, Phil. 1:6 Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment