Friday, September 10, 2010

Change of plans

I've been away for longer than I like to be. Like I said in my last post, this medicine is kicking my butt! I hoped my body would adjust but that has not been the case. I had a consult last week with a surgeon, expecting to set a date to have gamma knife again, instead I'm having a micro vascular decompression on Oct. 1. Honestly I was really freaked out about it for a few days. First it was not at all what I expected, and second the risks are a lot bigger than the risks with gamma knife. Honestly, after dealing with this medicine for a couple of weeks I can't wait to have the surgery! I had gamma knife a few years ago, knowing that it would probably not last forever. In Nov. of 2005 I started having pain again, and have been on meds since 2006. I honestly don't remember what the "real" me feels like, and am looking forward to having her back. I have complete confidence in my God, and know that whatever happens he is in control. My plans have changed, but God's have not. Proverbs 16:9 "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." Psalms 33:11 "But the Lord's plans stand firm forever, his intentions can never be shaken"

I pray for my husband right now, who is more stressed out about this than he really wants me to know. I want him to be at peace. I thank God for him, he is such a blessing to me, I hate to see him worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment