Friday, February 25, 2011

Running

Last year I set a goal to run a 5K in November, the Turkey Trot.  I planned to run with my husband and daughter.  I worked really hard, then found out I was having surgery and wouldn't be able to run, so I stopped.  I was really disappointed, and now I'm having a hard time getting started again.  I can't really get motivated.  I get on the treadmill at the gym and run a little, but don't really push it.  Today I realized I have a lot more in me than I have been giving.  So I ran, I ran a mile, I could have done more.  It felt good, It also felt good to push myself.  I've been going to the gym for a year now, and I do strength training with a trainer, so I'm pushed there, but I haven't really pushed myself while doing cardio.  A couple of weeks ago, I started taking some of the classes offered at the gym and quickly realized that I haven't really pushed at all.  So now I know I have more in me than I thought.  It's time to start pushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment