Thursday, February 24, 2011

What was I thinking!

Yesterday my sister made homemade granola, amongst other things.  My niece and my sister get together every Wed. and bake or craft together. I had them send me the recipe for granola, I went out and got the things I didn't have on hand and made some this morning when I came back from the gym.  I have to say I'm so glad I went today even though it was rainy and gross outside.  On Thursday's I take a class with a group of other woman.  The class is always different, always challenging, but the best thing about it is being with other woman!  There is something great about getting together with the same group of woman, week after week for the same purpose.  I'm blessed by them.  I wonder if they know that?  Ok, so back to the granola.  I have been thinking about this since yesterday, thinking how wonderful it will be with the homemade yogurt MP makes.  Mmmmm mmmmm.  So I made it.  Note to self "Do not use salted sunflower seeds in your granola".  The granola is good, and I will eat it, however, the sweet nutty flavor I was looking forward to, is missing, thanks to my roasted, salted, sunflower seeds.  What was I thinking?

4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup of raisins
1/4 c of canola oil
1/2 c of honey
mix the dry ingredients together, then add honey and oil
spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 10 minutes
turn granola over and bake another 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment