Friday, November 19, 2010

The Scale

I've been back to the gym for 3 weeks. The scale has not been my friend. I've been bouncing around this 184-190 range for 7 weeks now. Even more depressing is the fact that my husband showed me a text from June that simply said 199. That means I've been in this 15 pound range for 6 months. What does that tell me? I had better up the effort. I do work hard in the gym, and I'm there 4-5 times a week, it's the food thing that gets me. I love food! I have great intentions. I shop really well, my cupboards are full of good for you food, very little junk. The problem comes when I don't feel like cooking, cutting, chopping. . . going out is so much easier. Third Street Cafe, Tres Amigo's, Olive Garden, Starbucks, Coffee Times, all places I've visited this week. Not to mention the near amazing sweet potato cupcakes I made on Tuesday. So, I guess, rather than blaming the scale, and accusing it of not being my friend, I have only myself to blame. Self, "get with it"!

No comments:

Post a Comment