Monday, November 1, 2010

Wedding Day


MP did a wedding Saturday. Doesn't he look handsome! I went back and forth about whether or not I was going to attend. I didn't know the people at all, but they did invite me. I didn't have anything to wear because I have lost so much weight since last fall. The really big thing, I DON'T HAVE HAIR! I decided to just do it. I was blessed.
It was a beautiful day. The wedding was sweet, a small private family ceremony, in a cute little tea shop. The bride was beautiful, the groom was nervous. The bride was so careful, and so concerned that the guests were happy and well taken care of. I watched her go from person to person, leaving everyone she talked to with a smile. It was her day, and she spent it loving people. I learned something from her. I spent so much time thinking about myself, I almost missed witnessing the beauty of two people committing to do life together. The day wasn't about me, so it really didn't matter what I wore, or was or wasn't on my head. Why is it that so much of the time I make things about me. Is it human nature? or is it just me?
I need to remember that I am here to love God, and love people. I don't need clothes that fit, or hair on my head to do those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment