Monday, June 21, 2010

Distant Memory

I've been gone for a week. Sitting on my butt in a conference room 8 hours a day, eating food that I hope is within my calorie range. Today was the test, did I make good choices, did I sneak to many chocolate snacks, did I walk enough? I wanted to skip the scale today, just go in and see my trainer, workout and go home, not face the music. . .I did it anyway, there was a new coach today, she didn't know my history, couldn't really scold me if my results weren't good. I didn't need her to, the scale said it all, I gained a pound. A pound doesn't sound bad, except that last week I had gained 2, now I'm up 3. So what do I do now? I want to go eat a package of Oreo's, instead, I come home, drink a bottle of water and mow the lawn. At lunch time I follow my eating plan and start over again, one foot in front of the other. Last week I ran a mile for the first time. Today I got on the scale that said I gained a pound, and what seemed like a huge victory last week, is just a distant memory.

Why are we so hard on ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment